About Parent Participation Preschool
What is a Parent Participation Preschool?
- A safe, creative learning environment for growth of children and parents
- A non-profit school
- Is founded and maintained by parents
- Employs a fully qualified and licensed teacher.
- Provides a rich variety of materials, playmates, and experiences
- Provides an atmosphere in which children can feel proud of their cultural heritage, and cultural sharing is encouraged.
What are the benefits of Parent Participation Preschools?
- Provides parents with a quality educational experience for their preschool children.
- Provides parents with the opportunity to increase their parenting skills and share information and experiences about child rearing with other like-minded parents.
- Provides free monthly parenting seminars.
- More affordable than privately owned schools.
- Parents are directly involved with their child’s first preschool experience and particpate in the administration of the school.
- Participation in the classroom (duty day) 1 or 2 times per month. Another care giver (nanny or grandparent) may act for the parent.
- Provides a high adult/child ration (1-5 for 3 year olds, 1-6 for 4 year olds). Children range in age from 32 months to 5 years old.